Conditions d'utilisation du site Web
(Updated July 23, 2021)
This web site, mobile or tablet application, or other digital platform is owned by WSE Hong Kong Limited, a company established under the laws of Hong Kong (registered number 2587136, registered address at Rm. 2608, W50, 50 Wong Chuk Hang Road, Hong Kong). References to “Wall Street English”, “we”, “us”, “our” or similar refer to WSE Hong Kong Limited or whichever Wall Street English group company is operating this site. Our “affiliated entities” mean companies which are the control of WSE Hong Kong Limited. References to “site” or “sites” refer to web sites, mobile or tablet applications, or other digital platforms owned by WSE Hong Kong Limited.
The Wall Street English network
Wall Street English is a registered trademark of WSE Hong Kong Limited.
The Wall Street English method for teaching English is provided by Wall Street English and its affiliated entities in conjunction with authorized franchise centres throughout the world. Wall Street English franchise centres are independently owned and operated.
Terms and Conditions
If you are under 18 years of age, please be sure to read these Terms and Conditions with your parent or guardian and ask questions about things you do not understand.
These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of this site, its features and contents. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using and/or registering to this site because by accessing or using this site or by linking to it, you signify that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are a legally binding agreement between you and us.
You are responsible for bringing these terms to the attention of anyone who may read material on this site as a result of your access to it.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, add or delete portions of the Terms and Conditions at any time. If we do this, we will post the changes to these Terms and Conditions on this Terms and Conditions page and will indicate at the top of it the date these terms were last revised. We may send registered users and subscribers an email notifying you of the change. Your continued use of this site after any such change whether or not you received an email from us notifying you of any changes, constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to abide by these or any future Terms and Conditions, please do not use or access (or continue to use or access) this site.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to make any changes to this site and levels of service offered and to terminate access at any time.
You must not use data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering or extraction methods on any part of this site without our express prior written consent.
Please note that the usage and purchase terms and privacy policies of various Wall Street English products and services within this site or linked to this site may be subject to more specific terms. Please check those terms frequently to determine the terms applicable to such Wall Street English products and services. If there is a conflict between those more specific terms and these Terms and Conditions, then the more specific terms shall apply.
Proprietary Rights in Content; Limited Licence
All material on or available through this site is (unless otherwise stated) copyright of WSE Hong Kong Limited and its licensors. All rights are reserved.
Users are permitted to view, print and download the material for personal, non-commercial and classroom use only but in so doing are not permitted to remove or amend any trademark, copyright or other proprietary notice. Class room use refers to non-commercial uses by a qualified teacher during a class of students registered in a Wall Street English course.
Users are not entitled to modify the content of this site or reproduce, republish, distribute, transmit, link, frame or deep-link it on any other site without the express permission of Wall Street English. Users may not distribute, transmit, reproduce or publish by electronic or any other means any part of the data without the prior written permission of Wall Street English. Users may not create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the content. All other rights reserved.
All trademarks used on this site are the property of their respective owners. The use of any trademark on our site does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement of our site by such owners.
Registration Data and Account Security
When you register for any services offered on this site requiring registration, you are asked to provide specific information as set out in the registration form (“Registration Details”). You must provide accurate Registration Details and update your Registration Details as necessary so that they maintain their accuracy. You must keep your password and identification details secure and you are fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
You must not allow others to use your Registration Details or account, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account. You agree to notify Wall Street English immediately of any unauthorised use of your Registration Details or account. Wall Street English will not be liable for any losses arising out of the unauthorised use of your Registration Details and/or account and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Wall Street English or any associated companies, agents, affiliates and/or licensors, as applicable, for unauthorised uses of your account.
The minimum system requirements to allow full access to this site are as follows:
Browser: Internet Explorer 8+, Chrome 2+, Firefox 3.5+, and Safari
Resolution: 1024×768 pixels
Wall Street English assumes no liability in the event that your hardware or software does not comply with the minimum requirements specified above. Wall Street English assumes no responsibility for the equipment and/or service providers (ISP, telecom operator, etc) that you select to access to this site.
You can access your account from more than one device but we recommend that you access your account from one device at a time only. If you have access to your account simultaneously from more than one device the system may not recognise or save properly certain content provided through this site and we assume no responsibility.
You can download certain content on up to four devices at a time but if you work offline, remember to save any changes or work in progress and synchronise it online before you finish your session so that you have the most updated information when accessing your account from a different device.
The site and all its features, whether or not requiring password registration or payment, is available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You represent and warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted to this site, including if you registered with us through your account, or otherwise posted, transmitted or shared by you will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights or contain libellous, defamatory or otherwise harmful material. You may not use this site or any of its features for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all your acts or omissions and for all those that occur under your account.
By submitting any material to us you agree to abide by the following rules. Wall Street English reserves the right but does not have an obligation to monitor materials or any information which is posted on any part of this site, any bulletin boards, discussion forums or any tools available on this site allowing you to post comments, material, views, reviews or comment on material posted by you, us or others or to interact with others or materials in any way (“the Interactive Areas”) and on any part of this site requiring registration or subscription allowing you to do any of the above.
We also have the right, but no obligation, at any time to delete, remove, or suspend the whole or any part of the materials on this site or any content posted on them including in any Interactive Areas and areas requiring registration or subscription without notice and without incurring any liability. No part of our site is meant for you to post third-party copyrighted content. That includes the Interactive Areas including those requiring registration and/or subscription. “Copyrighted content means third-party copyright content such as songs, film clips, an episode of a TV programme, parts of books, news articles, illustrations, photos or music videos.
If you find objectionable or offensive material please let us know as soon as possible.
The views, statements and opinions expressed in any of the Interactive Areas in any form are those of the individual contributors or advertisers and not the statements and opinions of Wall Street English or its affiliated entities.
By posting your comments or materials on the Interactive Areas, you grant us and our affiliated entities a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, world-wide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, make available, distribute, include in other works, sub-license and display any content you submit to us in any format now known or later developed. By submitting material you acknowledge that you waive any moral rights you may have in it. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit your comments or materials to us.
You may use the Interactive Areas only to post content that is proper and appropriate to such areas and you must not do any of the following:
- advertise, promote or offer to sell any goods or services even if you are acting for a charity or non-profit organisation;
- post, transmit unsolicited promotional material “junk” mail or “spam”, pyramid schemes;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information or use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with this site;
- reveal any confidential or sensitive information;
- reveal any personal information on other persons (for example, email address, telephone number or postal address, credit card numbers, social security numbers);
- post or link to any content that we deem unlawful, defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, fraudulent, harmful or otherwise objectionable (this includes but is not limited to text, graphics, video, programs or audio);
- post content which you do not have permission to use, in particular, material that contains the intellectual property rights of third parties;
- upload, post share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses, computer codes, worms, trojans or any other components with harmful or contaminating effects to any user or equipment;
- imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us;
- delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any content that is posted;
- falsify the origin or source of content that is posted;
- contribute content with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act;
- use inappropriate (e.g. vulgar or offensive) language or user names;
- impersonate any living person or purport to represent any organisation;
- use or attempt to use another’s account, service or system without authorisation, register for more than one account or register on behalf of another individual, group or entity;
- reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of this site, deep link into it without permission.
Please bear in mind that we will identify you with content you submitted and may release that information to a court or other official if ordered to do so.
We may refuse to grant you a username that impersonates someone else, is or may be protected by trademark or other intellectual property rights, is vulgar, offensive or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
We do not undertake to keep or make available any material that you or anyone else has contributed to this site for any length of time or at all. We may delete, archive, make unavailable, modify or comment on any material, and close or suspend any discussion topic at any time without notice.
You may not use the words “Wall Street English” “华尔街英语”or any other trademark used on this site or belonging to us or our affiliated entities, in particular in any meta-tags or other “hidden text”, in each case without our express prior written consent.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of this site. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
Although we try to ensure that the information we provide on this site is correct, it is provided on an ‘as is’ basis, without warranties of any kind. No warranty, express or implied, is given that any of the content of this site is accurate, complete or up to date. Wall Street English does not accept any liability for any error or omission of any content on this site, including content provided by us or any affiliated entities or by any users or other third parties.
Any and all representations and warranties whether express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, whether implied by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. We do not exclude any liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, liability for our fraud, or any other liability that we cannot exclude by law.
We cannot guarantee and do not promise any specific results from use of this site.
The use of this site and any content on any part of it whether requiring registration and/or subscription or not is at your own risk. Wall Street English will not be liable to any users of this site (whether registered users, subscribers or not) and any third parties for any claims or losses of any nature including, but not limited to, loss of profits, direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising from a user’s or third party’s use or inability to use this site or any part of it, including any loss of data or lost profits or wasted time of management or employees even if Wall Street English is aware of or has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Wall Street English’s liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to us.
Wall Street English accepts no responsibility for the content on any third-party app, website, survey, platform or other digital space to which a hypertext link from this site exists or, after you have followed such hypertext link, for any use of any data (including your personal data) by the third party operating such app, website, survey, platform or other digital space. The links are provided ‘as is’ with no warranty, express or implied, in relation to the information they link to or provide.
All providers of a link into this site should note that Wall Street English does not necessarily read, check or edit the content from such links and Wall Street English accepts such material linked to its site purely on the basis of an understanding that Wall Street English is a distributor (not a publisher) of such material and by linking to this site, the provider of the link gives an implied warranty that he/she/it will indemnify Wall Street English in the event of any action arising as a result of such material appearing on or via this site. All persons accessing this site are also put on notice of such fact.
While Wall Street English makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses or other code with contaminating or disruptive properties from this site, it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for viruses and any computer code/software. You are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from this site.
Information transmitted via this site will pass over public telecommunications networks. Wall Street English makes no representation or warranty that the operation of this site will be uninterrupted or error free and disclaims all liability in this respect. The site may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons.
You agree to hold harmless, indemnify, and at our request defend, Wall Street English, its parents, subsidiaries and other affiliated entities and their respective owners, officers, managers, agents and employees from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to your material, your use of, conduct on this site, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, liabilities, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs, expenses and lawyers’ fees, for every kind and nature. In such a case, we will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action to the address you registered with us.
Wall Street English may immediately suspend or terminate your access to this site without notice if any breach of these Terms and Conditions of use by you is brought to our attention.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, we will not be deemed to have waived any of our rights and may still use any rights and remedies that were open to us when you broke them.
Your registration may be terminated and your profile and any content or information that you have posted on this site may be deleted at any time. We may prohibit you from using or accessing this site for any reason, at any time in our sole discretion, with or without notice. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to any use of this site, also after your registration was terminated.
We reserve the right to deactivate user accounts and user names that have been inactive for more than 180 consecutive calendar days.
Governing Law; Venue and Jurisdiction
By visiting or using the Site you agree that these Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be interpreted in accordance with English law. The courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute between you and us, irrespective of whether you are a registered user/subscriber and irrespective of the type of dispute. You agree not to commence or prosecute any action against us other than in the courts of England and Wales and you hereby consent to, and waive all defences of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non- convenience with respect to, venue and jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Notwithstanding this, you agree that we shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction. Wall Street English makes efforts to ensure that its publications, advertising and offers on this site fully meet the requirements of English law, Hong Kong law and foreign laws of any country where it is intended for such content to be viewed. In the event that a foreign country’s law may not be fully complied with, then Wall Street English shall be deemed not to be directing such content to that particular country. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Wall Street English. Wall Street English shall be entitled to enforce this agreement on its own behalf and on behalf of and for the benefit of its affiliated entities. Apart from affiliated entities who shall be entitled to enforce the terms of this agreement in the same way as Wall Street English, nothing in this agreement shall confer on any third party any right or benefit under the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
If you have any request or comment related to these Terms and Conditions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Quality & Environment Policy
- ISO: The Integrated Management System implemented in Wall Street English is based on the International Guidelines ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 and aims at increasing levels of client satisfaction through the effective implementation of the system as well as addressing the ways the company affects the environment. This includes the processes for the continuous improvement of client satisfaction, ensuring that the requirements of clients and the applicable regulations are met, and actively looking at ways to reduce the company’s impact on the environment.
- CLIENT SATISFACTION: Wall Street English is committed to achieving a continuous level of client satisfaction. We aim to provide products and services which meet the demands of our clients and ensure the viability of the company in the long term. Wall Street English considers the meeting of Client expectations and requirements to be a core value with the participation and effort of all personnel. All of the activities of Wall Street English are oriented towards satisfying our Clients, both internal and external, and to maintain and improve its reputation in each market.
- OBJECTIVES: The Management of Wall Street English is committed to the processes of Wall Street English so that they are defined, maintained, evaluated, and continuously improved in an effective way in order to minimize the possibility of the appearance of errors and incidents, and to reduce the impact on the environment. Wall Street English Management sets clear quality and environmental objectives and regularly monitors progress against them integrating the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities. To this end, Wall Street English follows the concepts Prevention is Better than Cure and Plan-Do-Check-Act.
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT: Wall Street English recognises the impacts that its operations, activities, and waste have on the environment and maintains a commitment to minimise the adverse effects of those impacts through the implementation and continual improvement of an Integrated Management System. Wall Street English Management ensures compliance with environmental legislation and the prevention of pollution through appropriate risk control consistent with maintaining exceptional quality service to our Clients. Wall Street English seeks to minimise the generation of waste and reducing its environmental impact through responsible disposal and recycling options, reducing the use and emission to the environment of any hazardous materials used in the Company’s processes and activities and sourcing non-hazardous alternatives where commercially viable, and by purchasing recycled, recyclable and environmentally responsible products where these are available, economical, and suitable.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: The continuous improvement in quality and the environment is an essential part of the activities and efforts of Wall Street English, including all of our products, processes and services, and is carried out actively in an exemplary way in all levels and areas of the Company. Management is committed to periodically establishing and revising the quality and environmental objectives within the framework of this policy, as documented in the Integrated Management System.
- SUPPLIERS: Wall Street English creates a mutually beneficial relationship with its suppliers and works with them to achieve the quality of the products/services purchased is according to the needs and expectations of its own clients, as well as establishing high environmental standards.
- COMMUNICATION: Management of Wall Street English guarantees that this policy is understood, applied, promoted, and revised to ensure a continuously updated and improved service and awareness of environmental impact. This policy is made available to all stakeholders and interested parties.
- COMMENT: Comments from stakeholders and interested parties are always welcome and form part of the Company’s commitment to continuous improvement. Those interested are invited to share their comments with Philip Macfarlane (email@example.com).